Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The next club purchase

If anybody has actually read this blog up till now, you'd notice that I am a club short in my bag. I can legally have more more club, so what do I plan to do about that?

Well, first I'm going to replace the sand wedge with one that matches the iron set. The one I have really was the cheapest I could find at the time and isn't in very good shape. I could also do with re-gripping some of the clubs (the driver came with a really nice brand-new Lampkin grip that was also on the irons (though they were more worn). I want to put them on the hybrids too. I think I'll leave the 3-wood because I think I'm going to have to replace it soon anyway because of the rattling sound coming from the head.

But I digress: what about that extra club? To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm torn between a 5-wood and an additional wedge. The problem is that I'm not sure if I have a distance gap that a 5-wood would solve. Is there a big difference in distance between a 3-wood and an 18-degree hybrid? I'm not certain.

And as for a wedge, which one? Lob or gap? Unfortunately at present my distance is too inconsistant for me to be able to tell which would benefit me the most. In the UK I added a chipper to my bag (kinda like a putter with a lofted face), but I don't think I'm going to go that route this time.

So, I think I'm going to hold off until I either figure out my distance, or someone offers some really good advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home