Monday, May 01, 2006

The Return of the Slice

I mentioned a few posts back that my slice has gone, to be replaced by a hook.

Yes, that was true there for a few weeks. But now the slice is back, and it's not happy...

The most frustrating thing is, I know exactly why it's happening. I'm coming over the top quite severely. This is being caused by a casting of the wrists at the start of the downswing and is compounded by early rotation of my body at the same time.

The result is that the clubface comes across the line (right to left as you look at the target). If the clubface is square to the target, it slices. If it's closed, it pulls. Sometimes I even manage to do this with an open clubface, which results in a really high shot with masses of slice. You have to see this shot to believe it...

I'm really going to have to work on this. I'm actually pretty happy at the moment with the rest of my swing. This is costing me accuracy and distance, but is only one thing. If I can sort this out, I should see my scores start to come down significantly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home